“CHRISTMAS E-BIKE” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to residents. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences on 29/11/2015 and ends at 11:59pm AEDST on 20/12/2015 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To be eligible to enter, individuals must purchase any product as advertised in the Battery World Christmas catalogue any Battery World retailer nationally during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Purchase”).
6. To enter, individuals must then undertake the following steps during the Promotional Period:
Follow the prompts to the competition entry page;
Input the requested details including their full name, address (including their State/Territory of residence) and their Battery World purchase receipt number; and
Submit the fully completed online entry form.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process . Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per transaction regardless of the number of Qualifying Purchases made in a single transaction; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
10. Entrants must retain their purchase receipt(s) for all entriesas proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the Qualifying Purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on 21/12/2015 at 11:00am AEDST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winnersin writing www.batteryworld.com.au from 23/12/2015
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Entries will be divided into the following State/Territory groups: NSW/ACT, VIC/TAS, SA, QLD/NT and WA.The first valid entry drawn in each State/Territory group will each win a Mondia Pedelec 250W e-Bike (3 Speed 94001-002) in black valued at $1,795.95.
15. If the winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
16. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize, then the prize will be forfeited.
17. If prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. Total prize pool value in each State/Territory group is $1,795.95. The total prize pool value nationally is $8,979.75. Prizes, or are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winnersin writing www.batteryworld.com.au from 23/03/2016.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
23. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, includingthe Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
27. The Promoter is Battery World Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 91 050 399 605) of 3/12 Abercrombie Street, Rocklea QLD 4106. Telephone: (07) 3373 1760.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/15/08614. ACT Permit No. TP15/08002. SA Permit No. T15/1975
24 Hour Roadside Battery Assistance
Roadside replacement may not be available if further than 8km from a Battery World store. Cost of replacement battery and delivery will be quoted beforehand. Battery World endeavours to supply and fit replacement batteries in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer requirements if a suitable battery is not available a temporary battery may be fitted.
Smartphone Battery Replacement
^Not all franchisees offer to fit Smartphone batteries; this service is subject to the Battery World store location.
Free Fitting Offer
Fitting service only available for batteries purchased from Battery World and during business hours in store only. For particular vehicles, battery fitting service is not available and/or fees may apply. Please seek advice from your local store.
Aside from Century Yuasa, Battery World is not associated or affiliated with the companies whose products are advertised in this promotion. Any brand names, trademarks and copyrights in association with these companies are for identification purposes only and are the property of their respective owners. Fleet pricing, other discounts or special offers may not be used in conjunction with the pricing on offer in this promotion.
Offers and pricing available from 24th July 2015 until 31st January 2016. Vouchers must be surrendered at point of purchase, cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Only 1 voucher is redeemable per Odyssey battery transaction. Vouchers are non-refundable, not transferable and not redeemable for cash or other vouchers. ** Some products may not be available at all stores and may need to be ordered (deposit payable for orders). * Any discounts or savings shown are calculated in good faith and based on Battery World’s recommended retail prices for the product at the time of publication. Independent franchisees are not obliged to sell products at Battery World’s recommended retail price and accordingly prices and savings may vary between such independent franchise stores.