Welcome to Battery World
Every year, thousands of new products are introduced to the market that rely on batteries or portable power. At some stage these batteries will wear out. When they do, our lives literally stop! The growing needs of the Australian replacement battery market led to the creation of Battery World. Since 1997 Battery World has become the largest and most comprehensive Australian retail franchise in the category, stocking advanced technology products and smaller, more portable battery solutions.
Battery World is a unique franchise concept. Unlike other franchise networks, it is in a growth industry with limited specialist competition. Batteries are a part of everyday life and as technology continues to advance so will the community’s reliance on portable power devices, assuring a promising future. Since Battery World started, it has gone through many changes as demand grew and expanded. Battery World now has 80 stores, offers over 8,000 batteries and accessories, and remains the most convenient place for Australian consumers to obtain all their needs for batteries and related products.
Interested in buying a franchise?
Here are some tips to look for published on the Franchise Council's Website:
Prior to buying a franchise, potential franchisees should do the following;
- Assess your own reasons for wanting to own a business;
- Assess the lifestyle and income implications of owning and operating a business;
- Assess the franchise opportunities consistent with 1 and 2 above.
- Build your understanding of the franchise relationship by reading the Franchise Guide.
- Narrow your franchise search to a few systems, then request further information.
- If appropriate, and you are comfortable with the decision, select a system and commence the application process.
- Ensure you have adequate borrowing capacity, including working capital, to successfully establish this type of business.
- Be sure you receive and evaluate all disclosure material during the application process.
- Be sure you receive legal and accounting advice from lawyers and accountants with franchise experience before making any final commitment.
- Use the cooling-off period to check your facts and figures and determine if you still want to proceed.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of things you should consider prior to buying a franchise, but if you work through these 10 steps you will be at less risk of rushing headlong into a hasty and ill-informed decision.